NATIONAL AWARENESS FACTS ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
• On average, nearly 20 people per minute are victims of physical violence
by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates
to more than 10 million women and men.
• 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced [some form of] physical
violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
• 1 in 5 women and 1 in 7 men have experienced severe physical violence
by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
• 1 in 7 women and 1 in 18 men have experienced stalking victimization
during their lifetime in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or
someone close to them would be harmed or killed.
• On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to
domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
• In domestic violence homicides, women are six times more likely to be
killed when there is a gun in the house.
• Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
• Intimate partner violence is most common among women between the
ages of 18-24.
PURPLE RUNWAY FACTS AND IMPACT
Purple Runway has affected the lives of over 1,200 women that are victims of domestic violence and 216 children...
Our platform has helped to further the education, awareness, and advocacy for women in crisis, amassing over 227,000 media impressions.