STYLE + FASHION + ADVOCACY
"Purple Runway celebrates Survivors, Thrivers, and Conquerers of Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence while we stand in the gap for those who are still in the struggle."
NATIONAL AWARENESS FACTS ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
• On average, nearly 20 people per minute are victims of physical violence by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
• 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced [some form of] physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
• 1 in 5 women and 1 in 7 men have experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
• 1 in 7 women and 1 in 18 men have experienced stalking victimization during their lifetime in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.
• On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
• In domestic violence homicides, women are six times more likely to be killed when there is a gun in the house.
• Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
• Intimate partner violence is most common among women between the ages of 18-24.
SAVE THE DATE
October 20, 2019
Purple Runway is in its 5th year! Not only does this year mark an amazing accomplishment, it's the beginning of an expansion to include guided wisdom and sisterhood!
We have exciting things in store for this year's Purple Runway.
So, stay tuned!
Until then, take a look at our gallery to the previous years of Purple Runway.
SUPPORT PURPLE RUNWAY 2019