STYLE + FASHION + ADVOCACY
"Purple Runway celebrates Survivors, Thrivers, and Conquerers of Domestic and Intimate Partner Violence while we stand in the gap for those who are still in the struggle."
NATIONAL AWARENESS FACTS ON DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
• On average, nearly 20 people per minute are victims of physical violence by an intimate partner in the United States. During one year, this equates to more than 10 million women and men.
• 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men have experienced [some form of] physical violence by an intimate partner within their lifetime.
• 1 in 5 women and 1 in 7 men have experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
• 1 in 7 women and 1 in 18 men have experienced stalking victimization during their lifetime in which they felt very fearful or believed that they or someone close to them would be harmed or killed.
• On a typical day, there are more than 20,000 phone calls placed to domestic violence hotlines nationwide.
• In domestic violence homicides, women are six times more likely to be killed when there is a gun in the house.
• Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
• Intimate partner violence is most common among women between the ages of 18-24.
Purple Runway has affected the lives of over 2,000 women and men that are victims of domestic violence and 400 children.
Our platform has helped to further the education, awareness, and advocacy for women in crisis, amassing over 340,000 media impressions.
ADVOCACY IN ACTION
Purple Runway is in its 5th year! Not only does this year mark an amazing accomplishment, it's the beginning of an expansion to include guided wisdom and sisterhood!
We have exciting things in store for this year's Purple Runway.
Click below to be a part of the magic!